The CPHS Girls Lacrosse team will be participating in the Aggieland Classic this season. The Aggieland Classic is an annual lacrosse tournament hosted by the Texas A&M Women’s Lacrosse Club. It is a great opportunity to come out and play against different Texas teams and it is always a fun event. Information about the tournament, directions, site map (including parking), and tournament schedule are below:
Who: Cedar Park High School Girls Lacrosse Team
What: Aggieland Regional Tournament
When: January 26-27 2019
Where: College Station, Texas (Penberthy Rec Sports Complex)
There will be outside vendors attending Aggieland Classic selling lacrosse-themed clothing, equipment, and jewelry. Texas A&M Women's Lacrosse will also be selling pre-packaged food, drinks, Aggieland Classic T-shirts, and Texas A&M Women's Lacrosse T-shirts.
Please remember that there will be absolutely NO PETS allowed in the gates at Penberthy. Also, NO staking is allowed within the gates of Penberthy.
Additionally, there will be ropes around all fields. ALL fans are required to stay behind these ropes; only players and coaches playing the current game are permitted to be on the field. This is necessary for player and spectator safety.
Arrive at least 45 minutes prior to scheduled game start time
Aggieland Location Information
The Aggieland Classic is held annually at Penberthy Sports Complex in College Station, Texas. The best parking will be Lot 100D and 100M, but parking will also be available at Reed Arena. The map below highlights these areas:
Directions from Austin:
- Take exit US-290 East
- Exit 21 East (going northeast)
- Near college station, get onto 2818 South
- Stay on 2818 until you reach George Bush Drive and turn left
- Turn left at the light onto Olson Road
At the first stop sign turn left onto Penberthy Rd. The lacrosse field’s parking lots are at the end of the road
Aggieland Tournament Rules
2018 USL Rules, with following exceptions:
- All games are 20 minute running time halves, 5 minute halftime.
- Pool play and semifinal games are on universal clock.
- For pool play, semifinals, and first half of championship games only, regardless of score:
- If and only if an 8m free position is being set up for offense on one of the inside hash marks when the horn goes off to end half/game, teams will play out the free position.
- if outside the 8m, or a hanging hash, then half/game is over, will not be played out).
- Shot must be attempted within 5 seconds (allows for pass to teammate above GLE).
- The Free position and therefore half/game is over if offense passes below GLE, or when shot is made, missed, or secured by goalie, or if offense fails to get shot off
- Championship games will be stop clock last two minutes of second half only. Time for championship games will be kept on each field.
- If Semis and final end up tied, the following will be used to determine winner:
- No more than two 3-minute sudden victory overtime periods will be played, first team to score wins.
- If still tied, team with less yellow/red cards in that game will be deemed winner
- if still tied, coin toss conducted by official will determine winner
- No pre game stick check due to time restrictions, officials can check sticks at their discretion
First team listed is home team and should wear white/light jerseys